So yesterday was officially the end of week 1 of my diet. I am doing a little better at counting and starting to get a grove of making sure that I have snack also. I know that sounds horrible but if I don't have snacks then I wouldn't be able to stay on this diet. Plus I realized after a "little spell" on Thursday that if I don't then my blood sugar will drop and then so will I...well almost....got really dizzy, clammy, headache, irritable, and you got it, sweaty with the pit stains to prove it. Good thing I was wearing what I was wearing and nobody could tell, but I knew. The most embarrassing part was that this happened in front of the youth group. Don't think that many noticed, only a couple of adults and one was my BFF so it was all good even if I snapped a little...maybe a lot...remember I said irritable. So since then I try to make sure that I have a little something with me in my purse at all times.
So yesterday I was the hardest I have to admit. I even went to Applebee's on Friday and Panera on Saturday, did my research before I left and stayed within my calories. BUT yesterday...ugh. I went to a baby shower and my mom did a lot of the food prep work and I wanted to have everything. There were finger rolls, chips and dip, salsa and Tortitos Hint of Lime (YUM!!), cheese and crackers, pizza, subway sub, and fruit. It was soooooo hard because I love finger food. I think that is the best and of course I eat way too much because I always go back for more. Then of course there was cake and my grandmother's homemade brownies!!! But I was very proud of myself and behaved. I behaved so well that last night I had enough calories left over to have a York's peppermint patty...the king size one...one of those is 140 calories...the funny thing is that I ate half and then my brain was saying, ok that is enough sugar...too much....so then Victoria and Alyssa ate the other half. I still counted the full 140 because I am anal. I just want to make sure that I don't go over my calories so I am usually adding in to make it higher because I don't want to make a mistake even though I am sssssooooo careful and look up everything...remember I said anal :-)
So that has been week 1, will talk to you next week about week 2....
1 comment:
Keep going, you are doing great!!
Post a Comment