The wonderful thing about Tiggers are that Tiggers are wondrful things. Tiggers are bouncy, full of enthusiasm, and fun-fun-fun!! And I live with 3 of them!!!
Monday, March 30, 2009
Homeschooling Mental Health Day
I know you are thinking...what two posts in one day!!! Yup I had to write about today's homeschooling. Well I thought that today would be a good day for a Mental Health Day, a break per say from our usually homeschooling time and it wasn't even my idea. Those of you that know me that I am a in the box type of person so anything that is out of the box is a stretch. Some may say...that was not out of the box but for me it was. Today I let Alyssa sleep in until around 8:30 (she has been waking up at 7:30 so that we have some alone time to do her schoolwork before her sister wakes up). I was thinking that she needed a Mental Health Day...she needed some time off...we really didn't take a Feb break, we are ahead so why not? So then we went into my room and had some cuddle time. It was great!! We snuggled and talked. Then she asked if she could play on the computer...sure why not. So I got the laptop out and got her logged on. We went to Playhouse Disney and she played...but I have to tell you....she didn't just play, she was picking "game" that challenged her, like rhyming words, math and reading. It was great!! Tori woke up and we all cuddled into bed, and Alyssa continued to "play" on the laptop and teach Tori things at the same time. I just watched this unfold. It was amazing. I decided that I would go jump into the shower while things we in a happy place. The girls had eaten and I had exercised so it was all good at that point. I was getting dressed when I saw Alyssa's face concentrating very hard...I asked her what she was doing...she had an excel worksheet up with a bunch of numbers on it 87, 54, 27, etc...I asked what she was doing and she said "practicing my number" and then proceeded to tell me what each of them were without any problem. Again, I am amazed. There she is working on her numbers, already worked on math and rhyming. Then she asked could she IM her daddy...sure why not? So we started a chat with Ryan. She was reading what he was actually typing!! Usually she would just make it up and then pound on the keyboard...she was actually sounding things out and trying to respond also. She would type gibberish for a little bit and then asked if I could help her spell things. So we sat there and sounded out what she wanted to type and she did really well...I was so impressed. So today we didn't sit down and do our workbooks but we definitely did learn today...so I am thinking that well maybe this day does count...not my typical in the box way but maybe an out of the box way and I love that she initiated it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Everyday that we homeschool is a learning day, don't forget that! Good for you for taking some time to just enjoy having your girls at home with you :)
THAT'S SO GREAT! You are doing such a job teaching her! She is such a smart beautiful little girl! I love the part where she was teaching Tori to play, what a great big sister!
Post a Comment