Saturday, April 4, 2009

Fab Five

So I am a little late this week but definitely worth the extra day to wait. I have to say though that I am thinking that I should changed the Fab Five moments of the week to Saturdays. In my mind Saturdays are the end of the week and in this household so much happens in on Friday and Saturday nights. So I have to be very honest, this week was a very rough week. But I have to remember that God is in control and even though I don't understand, it doesn't matter he does. What I do understand is that my faith does help me get through these times and I am so thankful for that.

So here are my top 5 moments of the week:

~seeing five deer in my backyard...the girls and I just stood there watching them for about 10 minutes. It was the quietest that the girls have ever been while awake! So we had a great teaching moment to learn about deer.
~listening to Alyssa just start praying without any prompting from Ryan or I. The local Christian radio station was having a pledge drive and they asked for prayers. Well Alyssa heard this and just started to pray. It melted my heart.
~ My family...I got to spend a lot of time with my parents this week and it was just great. They are such blessings in my life and I don't want to take any of this time that I have with them for granted.
~Watching Toy Story 2, with Tori and Ryan. We popped some popcorn and went to our bedroom and cuddled while watching Buzz save Woody from the Chicken Man. It was great to just have all of our attention to be focused on just Tori...a special time just between the three of us. (Alyssa was having a sleepover at Mimi's and Bampy's)
~ Taking Alyssa to Red Robin. It was Tori's turn to spend time some special time with Mimi and Bampy. So Alyssa, Ryan and I went out to eat. This time we could concentrate just on Alyssa and she had a blast. She was all smiles to have her Mommy and her Daddy just to herself...but then she did look at me and say, "I do miss Tori"

See you next Saturday!

No comments: