Sunday, March 8, 2009

Counting Sheep

Ryan, Alyssa, Victoria and I were all driving in the van listening to the radio. The song To Bring you Back by Paul Alan came on and Ryan really likes this so he turned it up...all of a sudden Alyssa pipes in "Momma! I guess that you don't sleep in heaven. I question her and asked "why do you say that baby" She answered because "you count sheep"

Below are the lyrics and part of the song does say sorry I couldn't sleep I was counting sheep...it made me giggle pretty good and she thought that is was pretty funny herself. It opened a great opportunity to discuss how we are all God's sheep and that he will always be looking out for us to show us how much he loves us even just one of us.

Thought that you might get a giggle out this one also.

To Bring You Back by Paul Alan

Are you thirsty, standing in the rain?
Not sure where you are or how you lost your way
Are you drowning
Some bar outside of town?
Searching for something given not found
A crowd of people totally alone
At the front door
Worlds away from home
And light up the night's last regret
Burn your only safety net
Step to the edge it's such a long way down

And I left the ninety-nine to find the one and you're the one
I walked a thousand miles in this desert sun
Only to bring you back

Are you tired of chasing the wind?
Under water, do you aspire to breathe again?
Are you dying?
Is that the best that you can do?
Cause you can't find your place in a world that wasn't meant for you.

I left the ninety-nine to find the one
And you're the one
I walked a thousand miles in this desert sun
Only to bring you back

Hello, it's me i couldn't sleep
I was just counting sheep.
I'm missing you.

Hello, it's me i couldn't sleep
I was just counting sheep.
I left the ninety-nine to find the one
And you're the one
I walked a thousand miles in this desert sun
Only to bring you back.

I left the ninety-nine to find the one
And you're the one
I walked a thousand miles in this desert sun
Only to bring you back
Only to bring you back

1 comment:

The Johnson Punkin Patch~ said...

too cute! Alyssa always comes out with something so profound!!!