
So today was an amazing day and it was spent with three of my most favorite people. We first went hiking a 2 mile loop trail that took us up to a Fire Tower.

The view from the top of the tower was beautiful and I almost missed it. Looking at the Fire Tower, it doesn't look that sturdy even though it is. My imagination starts to run wild and that isn't necessarily a good thing. My first thought is that I am not going up there but when you have two little girls that look at you with disappointment in their eyes because you aren't going up I decided to get past my fear. I never used to be scared of heights but as I get a little bit older it seems like some phobias have begun to develop. So up I start this little conquer of my fear. I can feel my heart pounding and I also had to remind myselft that really I probably should concentrate on my feet until I get up on the platform. Up on the platform I get and really the view was worth the heart palpitations. It was beautiful and the girls loved every moment of looking through the binoculars and also a little lesson with a compass.

It was a moment that will always be in my heart. We also looked at different types of moss.

We also had some fun following a butterfly so that we could get a good picture of the butterfly's markings and colors. After this short hike we then when to the playground so that we could have lunch and then the girls got to play for a little bit. It was so much fun just enjoying the sun with my famiy, cherishing every moment.

So now....shall we call this a field trip as an added extra bonus?
No comments:
Post a Comment