Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sitting back and relaxing...is that possible?

Hello again! I thought that this week would be a good week to catch up...but first I had to finish the week out!! I knew that I wanted to blog about the events that had happened in the middle of the week but decided, let's finish the week off first. At the beginning of this week I knew that I was going to be teaching Lamaze one night and then all day on Saturday so I was already feeling guilty about not being home with the girls those night. I was thinking this on Sunday and I decided that I was going to stop myself right there and then...I am going to enjoy this week instead of spending it with guilt on my mind. Seriously I have a great time teaching Lamaze and I shouldn't feel bad that I do. I am with the girls a lot and it is OK to work sometimes. So Monday was a little bit of a downer because of the rain BUT the girlies and I snuggled up on the couch and had a movie day. Part of me wanted to clean the house but really thought otherwise...the girls wanted to snuggle and I really want to soak in all those moments. In the back of my mind I was feeling guilty for not cleaning and then again I had to stop myself...seriously girl...you got to just chill and give yourself a break!! Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were great days where the girls and I went to my parent's pool. The girls swam and I sat back on the lounge chair watching them giggle and swim. Friday again we got to play but instead of playing at the pool, we met Ry and my dad at a nearby park where we had a picnic and the girls got to fly their kites. I also got to walk around the park with both of the girls individually...it wasn't a long walk...about 15 minutes...but it was 15 minutes of uninterrupted time with each of them...holding their hands the whole way. Friday night Ry and I met up with another couple and we went to a Minor League Baseball game and the girls had some time with Mimi and Bampy.

Some of my lessons this week: 1) Take the time to slow down because guess what the chores still got done and I had one of the best weeks of this summer with the girls. 2) I really need to make sure that I take time for Ry, this week has been so refreshing for us & I really thought that we couldn't get any closer but we did! 3) Take time for yourself because it is OK to have a job that you enjoy even if it takes you away from you family because realistically I am not away from them that much or that long 4) Sometimes the best things are free so open up my eyes and see them 5) when you take time to slow down you hear the voice of God more and more....even tho you may take time every day to have your "quiet time" with God, slowing things can help you hear him all day long :-)

So my rambling is done. Til next time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Devon! Kind of puts into perspective the verse, "Be still and know that I am God.". Love ya!

Dawna said...

So glad you were able to "enjoy the moment" with your girlies. It is so easy in our culture to pay attention to the urgent (the phone ringing, the pile of dishes in the sink, etc.) over the important (the smiling faces of our kiddos). Kudos to you for knowing the difference. I look forward to more posts Mrs. Devon. :)

Barbara said...

They grow up so fast, they always need you, but they won't always have time. You are wise to enjoy it now.