Friday, April 18, 2008

Always take time to say Thank You...

Ryan, my dad, Alyssa, Victoria and I got together today for lunch. It has become a little bit of a tradition. The wait staff and managers know us and we have our usual table. Alyssa, Victoria and I were the first ones to arrive and as Roger was showing us to our table we passed a table of 5 military service men and women. I don't know what division these brave men and women were in but they were all dressed in the camo which definitely peaked Alyssa's interest.

Alyssa: "Momma, are those people like Mr Brian?"

Me: "Yes baby, those men and women are very special and brave people that help keep us safe and allow us to be able to do things that aren't allowed in other countries."

Ryan and I have tried very hard to let Alyssa know that the armed forces in our country work very hard to help our country. Which is a little hard for a four year old to understand...or so I thought....

Alyssa: "Momma...we should say thank you to them."

Me: "Alyssa you are right. We should say thank you to them. How about we see if we can buy some dessert for them and say thank you..." (Alyssa loves the triple chocolate meltdown at Applebee's...who wouldn't...)

Alyssa thought that was a great idea. So like I said...we kind of know the wait staff there and we knew the name of their waitress so Ryan got up and went to go talk to their waitress. Their waitress went over to let them know. Unfortunately they were going to be late for a meeting that they had to go to so no dessert for them BUT the captain came over to our table.

Captain: " I just wanted to say thank you for your offer...I am sorry that we have to go and are running short on time"

Me: "It is the least that we can do to say thank you for all that you do"

Alyssa got up and out of her chair and went right up to the Captain and said "Thank you"

The Captain got down to Alyssa's level and said "Thank you and it was very nice to meet you"

Victoria : "Thank you...Thank you...Thank you." (in her not so inside voice and signing at the same time)

The Captain walked back to his table and the whole table waved before they left. Alyssa was so excited and happy because she got to say thank you.

No comments: