I thought that I was a compassion person...I actually thought that maybe that was my spiritual gift. I am not too sure right now. Remember how I previously blogged that Happy New Year 2009 is still up in the the air....well it is definitely still there. Recently, a person has emotionally cut me and my family to the bone, forget the bone...an appendage has been severed. My husband looked at me and said, "I am broken." I have never seen him like this....NEVER! He can usually brush everything off. Although today, he is doing much better after we have gone and sought council from our Pastor. I still am having a hard time getting that statement out of my mind. This person hurt him sooooo much. I know that this person is under some type of an attack herself...darkness is surrounding her constantly and a compassionate person would be able to see that and to show God's mercy and grace. I am struggling with this completely. I should be feeling pity and sadness for her and all I can think of right now is that statement that Ryan said. Although she said some hurtful things towards me, that really isn't bothering me...I know that they aren't based in reality and I know that the comments made about Ryan aren't based in reality...it is just want those comments did to him. In my mind right now, I know that I should be compassionate, I know that I should be praying for her to see the light, I know that I should be feeling pity...my fleshy heart is just not following and there is a struggle that is going on.
So for now I am relying on Philippians 4:13 "I can do everything through him who gives me strength" (NIV) Praying for strength to be able to pray for this woman and see her through God's eyes of grace...those same eyes that look at me everyday and who forgives me for everything that I have done against him. Praying for compassion.
1 comment:
It feels good to get your thoughts out in print sometimes doesn't it?
God does love her in a way that we can never love someone that is why His love is perfect and never ending. Don't be too hard on yourselves. Turn to God and let Him love you in that same way, imperfections and all. Let Him be your Father and hold you both and you will soon see that it won't hurt as much and you will find that there is a part of you that does feel badly for her!
I love you my friend!!!
Post a Comment