Thursday, December 25, 2008

The BEST Christmas present!!!

Alyssa, Victoria, Ryan and I were all cuddling in our bed last night...a special treat for Christmas Eve. We were watching a Christmas cartoon...not really sure what it was because we weren't really paying attention too much. Alyssa was talking and Victoria was hugging everyone over and over and over again. Alyssa and I have been talking a lot about that promises are something that you have to keep. So if you promise something you HAVE to do it because you promised. So what I told her is that for now until she can really understand promises she should just say I will try. Last night I think that the synapses in her amazing brain started to connect about promises. She looked at me all excited;

Alyssa: "Momma, I know something that I can promise!!!"

Me: "What baby?"

Alyssa: "I promise that I will never never never stop loving you"

Me (my heart melting): "Oh baby thank you!!"

Alyssa: "Daddy, I promise that I will never never never stop loving you. Tori I promise that I will never never never stop loving you"...then she looked up to the ceiling..."God, I promise that I will never never never stop loving you"

Pull at the heart string much?!! She is such a beautiful little girl...inside and out!!!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

These are the moments that can never be taken away and are always yours. How precious this one is...Thank you for sharing it with us.