Monday, October 20, 2008

Pilot vs. Co-Pliot

So some of you may have seen my facebook posting about is God your pilot or your co-pilot. This is a funny little story that happened to me today that I thought was fitting.
I had a deposit for Ryan to drop off at the bank and since he was going to work and would be in town I figured that it would be easiest for him to drop it off. I didn't really want to get out and go into town with the girls. So when I woke up this morning and saw it on the couch (because I had put it with Ryan's cell phone...clipped to it actually...so that he wouldn't forget)...I saw red. My hands went up in the air and was thinking you have to be kidding me...now I have to go into town because the deposit needs to be in the bank so that I can pay bills. So I fed the girls breakfast, and then we did Alyssa's school work because I didn't want to take her off her schedule. So it is 11:15 and the girls usually have quiet time around 1:00...this is doable I thought. Although still thinking in the back of my mind, I can't believe that I have to do this. I get the girls in their car seats, grab my purse and off we go to town. I get to the end of my road, take a right and seriously...no joke...there is a car broken down not 10ft from the end of my road. AND would you believe it....it was someone from church that I know quite well and a friend of my parents!! This gentleman's car has seized up and died just a couple of minutes before I came to the stop sign. He didn't have his cell phone and would have had to walk a pretty long distance in the cold to get some help ....yes I live in the boonies. I drove him to where he needed to go and he was very grateful.
It wasn't only a great teaching moment for the girls that we help the people we know that are in need (and the only reason why mommy picked somebody up on the side of the road is because we know this person...Alyssa actually recognized him also so that helped explain it also) but for me also. I really felt that God was telling me, "Hello!!! I have great things planned for you and I am going use you for many things if you would just let me lead and stop sweating the small stuff!!"
If Ryan hadn't forgot to take the money I wouldn't have been there to help this gentleman in his time of need. It amazes me how God uses us.

1 comment:

The Johnson Punkin Patch~ said...

Isn't it funny how God does that to us? I really believe He uses those moments to remind us that His plans are definitly not always ours!